Tuesday 1 May 2012

THE NEW WORKHORSE

A few weeks ago a sewing machine was in the ad,. window of my local post office . I didn't really need another sewing machine but thought I'd enquire about itanyway . The machine advertised wasn't any use to me . It was a grand quilter useful for quilting big quilts but the lady said `I have a Bernina for sale too` .  My ears pricked up .It is a 240 patchwork addition .  I didn't need that either but  went to have a look .  Tried it out , bought it .
The seller said `I have a Janome Mylock overlocker for sale as well . O.K I'll have a look at that . Bought that too .  I'm sure these machines had been bought on a whim.  I can say I bought as new .
This afternoon I decided to use some fleece fabric from my stash to make blankets for the twins that are booked to arrive in my family in the Autumn . A speedy overlock around the edges . I shall be stting doing blanket stitch on the edges too .

I had change from £500. I am well satisfied.




4 comments:

Aunty Bee said...

I think a very good price for two. You can never have to many sewing machines I think it goes with you can never have to much fabric. the twins will be very snuggly when they arrive.

Pattypan said...

Hi Cottonreel you did very well there. I have had an overlocker for about 15 years and they are a very useful bit of kit. Love the fleeces by the way they look lovely.

Take care

Pattypan

x

Piece by Piece said...

You did very well with your purchases.
Love the fleece.
Patricia

Angela said...

Sounds like a bargain! Have just been recommended a very reliable machine service person in Leicester - he fixed an overlocker for a friend at church. I can let you have details if you want - email me! blessings x