Thursday 1 July 2010

Arch Roses


These are the roses growing on the arch .
I,m not sure but this white rose has been in my garden a long time , I think it was named for Princess Diana

This rose is also an established rose , I think it is also one from the royal collection . Over the years flowers lose their labels ,

This was a new rose last year , I do remember this one
Chapeau de Napoleon . it is listed as pure pink , can be grown as a climber , tolerates poor soil, rich fragrance ,size 5' x 4' 1867 .
It has 3 fluffy green sepals behind each flower to represent Napoleons tricorn hat
I don,t have much room left for low plants so from now on it has to be up ,up, up.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Napoleon's Hat is very attractive - I love the fringed sepals, they really add something. I shall look out for it the next time I'm in rose buying mode.