Friday 5 June 2009

Just bits of interest


This statue in our city is so beautiful it shows a woman doing her needlework the back of the postcard says "The Seamstress "--James Butler R.A
I don,t make postcards or birthday cards,but occasionally I feel a bit creative, this is just little circles of fabric, sort of primitive lightly attached to a piece of background fabric. just a diversion from quilting



Same only different . I would not send one as a birthday card but I suppose to someone laid up with a cold
Gypsylulu was blogging about these little Kimono,s today, I didn,t make this ,somone was making them for a charity fund raiser, It,s classed as fabric origami

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Those are just the neatest!!

Bunny said...

Love your post cards and the kimono, I have made a couple of them too. Gypsy and I are friends she is a wonderful quilter, artist etc.

Anonymous said...

Wow!...so , you have one too, Cottonreel...nice.
amazing how things get around!
Yes, Bunny and I have a little sew group...been best friends a long time now!...
we are getting together this week to make the origami bags!...
thanks for commenting on my blog site!

Larry said...

The lady quilting, reminds me of Betsey Ross. A nice touch.