Saturday 13 February 2010

All things bright and beautiful

The day carried on being unpredictable, about 9 o clock all the lights went out , all the burgler alarms in the street were screaming, POWER BREAKDOWN , I was sort of half watching t,v half falling asleep , It seemed my alarm was screaming loudest . I,m wide awake now , the house smells nice with all the scented candles that I lit . I just hope the day finishes calmer than it has been .
I did get the borders on my pickle dish quilt so that was something positive
Isn,t it nice when things return to normal

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Now that would be noisy. Glad you got to work on your quilt. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. Hugs

Angela said...

What caused it? Our lights [5 miles up the road] all flickered and the alarms were set off twice -once about 8.30 and again at 9 - but we never had a full breakdown.
Ah the mysteries of the Power Supply in the East Midlands!!
Have a peaceful and blessed Sunday x

Elizabethd said...

I dont like it when all the lights suddenly go out. I can imagine the noise from tha alarms!
How lovely to sit quietly with candleglow.