Sunday 3 January 2010

Crochet


These are scrappy but good bits of fabric waiting for edging

This is what is known as Cyprus lace , I learned this while living in Cyprus, it is really like counted thread , and worked on Irish linen ,very hard on the eyesight, one wrong count and it stands out dreadfully . This is a traditional colour emb,. thread to use.

This is a bit more of my effort at Cyprus lace . I know I completed a fair size piece , now where is that .
These are only some of the crochet I have done . I completed many garments, curly scarfs and other items that went to other homes

9 comments:

Unknown said...

these are beautiful!
Irish Linen cloth it will last forever

Connie said...

WOW! I wish I could crochet like you, I could only do one liners. These are beautiful.

Barb said...

Those are beautiful!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Those are beautiful. Love them.

ceecee said...

Your work is so beautiful. I love stopping by to see your treasures and gasp at your talent! A very Happy and creative 2010 to you, Cottonreel.

Catherine

Roslyn said...

Oh my, that is a lot of work, it must take lots of patience! I love to quilt because it goes together fast! I have crocheted but nothing this small.

Fee said...

Beautiful work - I wish I could crochet.

Connie said...

Can you send me your email so I can communicate with you?

Connie Jones

Vintage Girl said...

Lovely work, I've been looking at all your crochet posts, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your work. Blessings, Heather