Tuesday 23 April 2013

All The Time to Spare

It seems ages since I sat at my laptop to write . All the time to spare is a real misnomer .When you are a one person band there is such a lot claiming your time  .
 
I have been spending a great deal of time getting my garden organised now the weather is getting better .New plants to be found a place and a general tidy up in the garden . Pricking out of seeds and keeping an eye on them hoping they don't succumb to damp . I have set Coleus , I love the variety of colour in the leaves . I have Cosmos coming along , they are such spindly plants but so colourful and they are good as a cut flower too.
 
My fish are getting more lively , a good sign that the weather is warming up . They look healthy and are feeding just a little about twice a week .I had family to stay , they kindly took me to restock with some fresh plants for the pond .
 
The cheeky mouse is back on my patio eating crumbs I put out for the sparrows . He makes me dubious about leaving the conservatory door open
 
I think it's time for a snack and a cuppa tea .I'll try not to leave it so long before I get blogging again .
There has been no time to spare for sewing either .
Bye for now.



3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I enlarged your photo to see if I could recognise the white flowers. Are they Buddleia? What lovely hyacinths you have.

cottonreel said...

The label on the white bush said Spirea , It was £5,75 .I also bought a Kerria I think that was £7 and a bright red Acer . I also bought lots of other stuff .
We have a very good garden centre , good healthy plants and cheap .
It's called Hawgrips , Seine Lane . Enderby , Leicester.

Piece by Piece said...

Your garden is very colourful, pretty. My daffodils, anemone, wind-flowers are in bloom and the forsythia is almost out, so it looks as if Spring has finally arrived in S. W. Ontario.
I know what you mean..there are a lot of instruments to play in that band.
I cleaned my pond yesterday and do I know it today, can't believe so many muscles can hurt. LOL
Patricia