Friday 26 November 2010

Beautiful Flowers & cup cakes


It is even more Brrrrr today because the frost didn,t clear from yesterday, I think we are entering the second ice age , but nevertheless bluebell and myself have been out browsing and doing a little shopping therapy . We also did quite a bit of laughing . It,s good for the soul .
We went to Dunelm and spent a few pieces of eight . Me! white silk flowers for a new arrangement. Some pretty turquoise baubles for my tree , Umm, and some christmas cards and while in there we spotted just the right weight of batting for machine quilting.We have been trying to buy thin batting for a long time . After consultation , deliberation and a few other factors we decided we would have all that was on the roll . 99p a yard , there was 46 yards on the roll . We will not be begging quilt group leaders for just a bit more . No one would tell us where we could buy a roll of batting
I came home to these beautiful flowers on my doorstep , they were a gift from http://Angelaoftracingrainbows.com ,Angela had read on bluebells blog that my 97 year old Mum died last Saturday. Thank you Angela, you lifted my spirits wit your kindness , and such a pretty card too .
My mum had a good life , hard at times , there were six of us children . Me being the eldest . then a sister 5 years younger ,then a brother 9 years younger than me ,then my Dad came home from the war and 3 more children were quickly added to the family .
My mum was bright and cheerful until about a week before she died . She was a credit to us , the centre pivot to our family She will be sadly missed for a long time .
I said I would put the cakes I have been knitting and crocheting , they are for Ellie and River to play tea parties with , they are learning to identify colours so the toppings will help , I,ll have one with pink on the top please Ellie

5 comments:

Pattypan said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, its still very hard to lose someone so close [[hugs to you]]. What a lovely surprise withe the flowers I bet they lifted your spirits. The kindness of strangers.

Take care

Tricia (aka pattypan)

xx

Piece by Piece said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. You can be thankful that your Mum was well almost to the day she left you. The flowers I am sure lifeted you during this sad time.

Patricia

Angela said...

Glad you found the flowers. We must get together sometime in the New Year for a coffee. Thanks for your kind comments xx

Elizabethd said...

How lovely to have the flowers, she is such a thoughtful person.

Aunty Bee said...

I'm sorry about your mum, the flowers were a thoughtful gesture. But I laughed about the quilt leaders not telling where they got their batting from, I was told by one group only they were allowed to buy the batting they had and they weren't giving it out, but with the nose of a blood hound I tracked the place down and they were only to pleased to sell me some, they couldn't understand why the group had said it was exclusive to them. Agatha Christie would have been proud.