Friday 7 August 2009

Saturday

Hello and good morning from sunny Cyprus , the morning always seems to start at 29 degrees . so I mostly stay in the shade .
We had a lovely day yesterday, still no car until Sunday so we called Makris the taxi people, they turned up with a mini coach , plenty of room for all .20 euros , very reasonable . I went around Larnaca town , took photographs , chatted to various locals sitting in their doorways watching the world go by . One old boy peeling his papasosicas and inviting me to have some . They are a very stony fruit , they grow on huge cactus bushes, I cannot stand them . The rest of the party went on to the beach . David joined me for a coffee at Mcdonalds before he joined the beach party . We went to Militis for a blow out supper before coming back . Everyone happy .

2 comments:

Bluebell said...

Good Morning, it sounds lovely and warm with you glad you are able to get around o.k. I see you are still chatting up old men Honestly! I can't let you out on your own. Found a lovely book at Kisko yesterday called Quilt yourself gorgeous by Mandy Shaw, you will like it. speak to you soon love Gillxx

Scrappy quilter said...

it's so good to hear you are enjoying your visit. And so nice to see you blogging while there. Hugs..