Sunday 19 May 2013

My Week

This table runner I made out of scraps earlier in the week . I'm fond of this duck egg blue in my furnishings . I fits just right on a white table just inside the sitting room door .

Bluebell and myself made our trip to the Malvern Quilt Show last Thursday . This quilt is made of tiny hexes about the same size that we like to use . It really is stunning.

This is a close up . Truly a quilt to treasure.

This quilt also took my eye . I think it's beautiful.

This is my purchases. A 12 1/2 inch 60deg,. ruler.
Several packs of hand dyed batiks .
3 small jelly rolls.
2 packs or 6 fat quarters .
10 Bernina bobbins .
I also picked up a B,O,M leaflet that I'm still mulling over . It's for a row by row Christmas quilt in prim shades .

This is another quilt from the show that I liked .
We had a wonderful day as usual
Yesterday Silver Sewer came for lunch with me . Lot's of gossiping . lovely .
Then bluebell rang to say she was off to the garden centre , and how many bags of potting soil did I need . 4 please and a stake for a new apple tree .
Today I have been planting up containers and moving stuff around . Another friend popped in this afternoon , we had magnum  ice cream lollies with our catch up .
Now off for a shower then my evening meal , after that perhaps a bit of sewing.    Ah! bliss .

5 comments:

tales from a handmade home said...

I love the fabrics you've used in your table runner, so pretty. Sounds like you had a good time at the Malvern Quilt Show, wish I could have made it this time but it's just been so busy here........those quilts at the show are magnificent.

Elizabethd said...

The hexagon quilt is amazing, what fine work that is.

Pam said...

The table runner is beautiful, I love light bright fabrics although I do not use much blue, that duck egg is enough to persuade me to get some in my stash.

Caz said...

I saw that hexie quilt at Malvern , wow!,
My hexies were a bit bigger.

Chris H said...

OH I do love your darling little mug rug!
Such sweet colours.
The quilts are lovely.

Bobbins... ya can never have too many bobbins *smiles*