Thursday 11 June 2009

Thursday

Today was sewing circle day. We were lucky, one of our ladies bought in lots of spare fabric to be sold for charity. Her husband was a rep,. for liberty of London so there was some nice fabric . Everyone swooping. you really had to wait to get near the table
I didn,t sew today , I sat cutting pieces for a french braid quilt. I don,t have any plans to start one at the moment but the pieces will be there ready cut for when I feel like doing a french braid quilt , I have several boxes with cut bits. I feel it is nicer to be able to get a box of ready prepared stuff out . Sometimes I just want to machine but not have to start from scratch.

We made our usual foray to the charity shop looking for cups and saucers ,and yes there was bounty there, bluebell hit the jackpot again, and I was on the receiving end for the bread and butter plate and sugar bowl that was surplus to requirement and also another plate that took the fancy to make the purchase a nice round figure. I will post these on my blog tomorrow.

Wednesday afternoon was lovely ,I had an extra visit from silver sewer . Lots of gossip. Her husband came to collect her on his way back from the bowling club. He,s had a few health problems this year but I thought he looked very well and quite the handsome man in his bowling gear .I,m pleased things are improving for them both .

Tuesday was a different day altogeher, I went to a 70th birthday party at a sewing group I used to belong to many years ago .Ladies were crowding round to talk to me because we hadn,t met for a long time . It was quite overwhelming .

The two girlies in the photo only bear a slight resemblance to bluebell and myself
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Karen said...

Liberty Of London fabric. That's a winner for sure!

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

I sewed up the first part of the braid, cut the purple, managed to cut one blooming set the wrong way.....typical. Picture on my blog....

Scrappy quilter said...

I saw Anne's first part of her braid and it's awesome. How I wish I could be there quilting with all of you. Glad you were able to get more cups & saucers for the wedding. Hugs my friend. Those little dolls are so cute!!

LaurieStar said...

Hello there! Thanks for visiting my blog today! I love meeting people. Your blog is great - I love quilting - I'm not very good at it but still I love it. I'm off to check out more of your site! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely little things. So cute!

Gilly said...

Liberty fabric! To die for!!