Saturday 27 June 2009

Thimble finger

After many years hand quilting my fingers are mis,shapen . The thimble finger is very uncomfortable and seems to be ; infected , at present .I think it is because I use a metal thimble .
My sister has advised me to try a hot bread poultice on it . She explained how to go about the proceedure . I shall try this.. Soak bread in hot water and apply it to the infection . Perhaps she had this concoction out of her witches spells book. I wonder how bad it has to get before I have to boil 3 spiders and bathe the finger in the resulting tincture , while doing a bit of sonorous chanting .
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What a hoot!! I've heard it does work though.
I don't use a thimble, I find them so awkward. Hope you had a great day. We took off early this morning and went on a road trip. Hit two quilting stores!!!! bad bad Carol!!

Beedeebabee said...

ouch! I hope your little finger is feeling better now! Paulette :o)

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Hello, I made it over here. About your finger, I hope it is better. Lots of times if you take a tea bag as hot as you can stand it and put it on the bad spot it will help heal it. Just an old time remedy that seems to work.