Monday 22 June 2009

Shabby chic

Yesterday I was looking around for something different to do.
I bought this little drop leaf table when I was 18 years old. It was the first piece of furniture I can remember buying. Believe me that was many decades ago .It was dark oak in the style of furniture of the day. Many times I have gone to throw it out and then put it back into the garage. A couple of years ago. I painted it white and again brought it back into the house .
Yesterday it had another make over . A roll of really quality wallpaper with a vynil coating ! I cut the roses out and pasted them onto my table, lo,and behold shabby chic ! How thrilled I am . Wouldn,t part with it for the world .When it was the original oak brown I tried to give it away , no one wanted it , too old fashioned I was told . Who is happy now ,me, me, me .
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What a neat way to change a table. I love how you did the roses, that is so clever. I'm a wood person, yet I have two dressers I've decided to paint white. I'm going to be starting with a dresser I use for my material. I have to convince C that her dresser needs to go from dark chocolate stain to pretty white. I've haven't convinced her yet.

Hope you have a wonderful day my friend.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Hi there,
Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I love the drop leaf table...very pretty.

The little black sewing machine I think you are talking about is a featherweight.

Smiles,
Kelly
http://IHaveANOtion@blogspot.com

ceecee said...

Your dropleaf table looks so cheery and inviting. I am always tempted to do that with my little dark oak tables, but have yet to get the courage. The roses are very pretty.
Catherine

Bunny said...

You did a wonderful job on your table. Something old is new again.

LaurieStar said...

Wow - that is really beautiful! Good thing you didn't throw it out!