Friday 12 June 2009

Parley vous francai

This delightful envelope was on my doormat today, and the beautiful postcard was inside it .
It was sent to me by Elizabethd, french village life. Why not visit her blog , it is interesting, I,m always happy to visit and hear from her.
Thankyou for the post ,Elizabethd



This is the plate that bluebell bought yesterday,the shop had no change so she bought the plate , didn,t want it for herself so it came to me.Thankyou .

This bread and butter plate was surplus to requirements and the sugar bowl. lovely bone china. I shall soon have a good stash of shabby chic.Come for tea, the china will be a talking point.
If you are new to reading my blog I will explain to you. My friend bluebell is collecting vintage cups and saucers. Her daughter Kate is getting maried next year, and wants her guests to have a vintage cup and saucer each, except it has now stretched to the plate as well.
We have been the length and breadth of the country looking for for these cups saucers and plates.
bluebell and husband even take the caravan to go searching so committed are they.
Another area of the sewing room . It is really my garage that hasbeen converted








7 comments:

Elizabethd said...

You're very welcome!
I wonder if you ever found any china on Debbie's site? (Debbies English Treasures)

Scrappy quilter said...

WOW, I really like that china. And your sewing space....awesome!! It's so neat how they are collecting cups and saucers for the wedding. I've never heard of that and yet I think that wedding is going to be so enchanting.

Scrappy quilter said...

Ooooh I forgot, that butterfly quilt on your wall....beautiful!!

cottonreel said...

The butterfly quilt is a ANYA TOWNROW pattern, she does have a webpage and designs for Moda

cottonreel said...

I forgot to put --the art deco quilt of the girl walking the dog is also Anya Townrow . I am a great fan of her,s,

Bluebell said...

Will you stop telling everybody that I am a china cup and saucer addict ha ha just joking we have such fun looking for them and the coffee and cakes are good too.

ceecee said...

And a beautiful wedding dinner it will be with all those vintage dishes! I marvel at such commitment.
Sounds like you've been busy too. Hope you find your buttons!
Catherine