Wednesday 24 June 2009

The joys of living in the country

The farmers are spraying the fields with the residue of the chicken sheds, or it could be pig sty,s or the stables, perhaps a combination of all .
I like to open my front door (which is at the side of my home) and the door at the back as soon as I get up in the morning . This time of the year we are quickly reminded of the other side of eggs, bacon , and the beautiful equines . We get a strong waft in the morning and evening . It brings flies out of science fiction that buzz like aeroplanes doing nose dives .
Last week it was lily beetles giving me the run around , this week it,s blackfly and aphids . Oh, the joys of the garden

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Dear friend, we have the same thing here. Here it's pig barns. When the wind is wrong, every window and door is shut. It's horrible. I can sympathize with you. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the joys of living in the country!..
must be wonderful, however!
gypsy
http://gypsyluludelights.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

I'm not even in the country, unfortunately, but have to contend with mosquitoes now that Summer is here. I have no immunity, they apparently love to consume my tasty English blood! I spend the hot months smeared in bug repellent - but still get bitten and am quite miserable. My dream is to live somewhere without these horrid bugs - yes, I'll take the country smells over them any day!!

Thanks for stopping by to visit.