Sunday 12 July 2009

Lots of happiness


Iv,e had a really good weekend. I haven,t been anywhere, but, lots of happy moments came my way.
Saturday, Silver Sewer called, she brought veg from her allotment ,we swopped plants , recipes, magazines, and a very pleasant couple of hours passed by.
Today, Sunday, my neighbour called with Poldark dvd,s she has been recording for me,and, said she will feed my fish when I go to Cyprus .
Iv,e spent the last 2 hrs reading blogs ,many are so inspiring ,all the craft things that can be done with buttons!!
I managed to get my blue and white quilt to the final stage, I just have to sew the binding down , and I am quilting a lap quilt that I made with a jelly roll ,I really like to choose my own colours for my quilts but the jelly roll was a present last christmas,The wide range of fabric in these rolls do open your eyes to new colour combinations .
Best find of the week! When I revamped my front garden I emptied a centre bed of plants , I dug out and split between friends a large clump of day lilies . I put 2 pieces in my back garden. When Silver sewer and I were looking at the various plants at the front garden we found a couple of pieces of day lily coming through . I,m so pleased. I remember years ago when I sent for these plants they were little pieces of root about 2ins,.long . I could not identify what they were,these little shrivelled bits but they have surpassed themselves, they are orange, I shall get another colour for next year.

6 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Stunning rose. How I wish I could have been with you and Ann through your visit. I'm glad you had a wonderful week. Thinking of you often.

When do you leave for Cyprus? Hugs...

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Beautiful rose. Day Lilies are so hardy, I have several. Have a good time on your trip.

Piece by Piece said...

Your rose is beautiful. My day lilies (yellow and burnt orange)are just starting to bloom Have a safe trip to Cyprus. Patricia

~Niki~ said...

love ur blog. not sure how u found me, but i'm sure glad u did. hugs from hot hot hot az. niki

Sandie said...

What a perfect pink coloured rose, just right from brightening the day. Thank you for showing.
Sandie at Rag Rescue

cottonreel said...

If anyone blogs with Niki please pass on that I don,t know where I found her and, I cannot get into her site by clicking on her name,Thankyou everyone--cottonreel