Friday 17 July 2009

The dresser


My oak dresser with my collection of blue and white pottery.I was 18 when I married, I bought this dresser when I was about 22. I was the eldest of 6 children and couldn,t wait to leave home . when I was a girl you could not just leave home and get a flat . It now seems frightening to think of being married so young but I was well schooled in housekeeping so no problems, and a big bonus ! 2 sons .
There is always blue and white pottery in the charity shops in England . I do have more , some I use ,some I have tucked away.

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your collection. I've been on the hunt for blue and white dishes...hard to find here. My great grandmother use to have some (she came from England) and I always loved hers.

I was married at 18 and we've been married now for 42 years. Not bad for one who eloped.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Piece by Piece said...

I love your collection of blue and white dishes, they always look so fresh and clean. Patricia

cottonreel said...

There is something about blue and white, it looks o.k with everything, and the patterns don,t have to match---cottonreel

Karen said...

Oh, I am drooling over your blue & white collection. I have blue & white in my dining room. I love the deep blues in glass. You have quite a collection and it is very pretty.