Friday 17 July 2009

Blue and white quilt

This is a blue and white quilt. The blue was the first jelly roll I bought. I must have had it at least 8 months,every time I looked at it I wondered why did I buy it . I didn,t even unroll it. Then a few weeks ago a friend ask if I had any blue that she could use for sky ,she was going to a workshop." Take what you need out of this" I said. When I saw it unrolled I thought , potential ! This is the result . It is Freedom Fabric , it had India on the tag, and it appears to be hand printed or blocked . I realised the fabric really is beautiful and it is strong cotton .I almost gave it away as a bad purchase.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Well it sure made a nice quilt. Glad you didn't give it away.

Scrappy quilter said...

It did make a wonderful quilt. One of these days I need to buy a jelly roll, especially after seeing what you've made with yours. WOW!!

cottonreel said...

This is such an easy one to do . I saw similar hanging up at a quilt show,studied it,made a few jottings in my notebook and came up with this, easy to cut out if using yardage