Friday 17 July 2009

Jelly Roll reverse


This is the reverse side of the Jelly roll quilt

A jelly roll quilt , I was given this jelly roll at christmas ,I think .
I started it about a month ago , it,s hand quilted,I still have the stars ti quilt in the ditch, they still have the pins in I have quilted 1 star,on the main piece I quilted my own pattern . I make my stencils by folding paper, drawing a design on 1 section then cut and, unfold, if I ,m happy with the design I then stick it on to cardboard.
I cannot remember having 3 quilts at once on the go before and I hope I,m not foolish enough to do so again. they seem to take ages.
I still have to put the binding on this quilt

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Asbsolutely STUNNING! I love the colors, the design....oh my what a beautiful quilt.

Karen said...

The log cabin blocks with the star border is a great quilt. The quilting is very good.

Elizabethd said...

I'm speechless with admiration at your work over the last few posts. Everything you do is beautiful, and seems to be finished so quickly.

Piece by Piece said...

I love the colours, The log cabin blocks and stars look great. Patricia

cottonreel said...

Thankyou everyone for your kind comments-----------------cottonreel

Scrappy quilter said...

Dear friend, I just ordered one of her books from the library to see if I like her as an author. It should be here on Tues or Wed.

Beedeebabee said...

This is soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! I love this design, and those colors are so yummy. Your stitching is out of this world!!!! Hugs, Paulette :o)