Thursday 28 May 2009

Survivers


These photographs are of bushes and plants that came through the upheavel of revamping my garden at the back of my home.


This clematis is at the front of the house, it is pink but looks rather mauve on the photo .





This peony always lays its flowers on the patio, yet another one a few feet away keeps it,s flower up proud of the leaves.
Regular readers of my blog will be familiar with the saga of the vintage tea cups that is likely to go on for maybe another 12 months. This teapot, milk jug, and sugar basin was surplus to requirements so was given to me by bluebell .
On the way home from our sewing circle yesterday, we popped into the age concern charity shop , two more cups and saucers wer added to the collection, there are now boxes and boxes of them. It is somthing like the Mad Hatters tea party, from Alice in Wonderland . A childrens book by Lewis Carroll .



7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Your flowers are stunning. As is that wedding going to be with all the pretty tea cups & china. Awesome idea!!

cottonreel said...

I,m hoping we shall see all these cups and saucers laid out on the table

Bunny said...

Your flowers are gorgeous. Our flowers here are trying to get some summer sun, might be a bit today looks nice out this morning. I love your teacups I will be right over for a cup of tea. LOL

Anonymous said...

Cottonreel...here is the info on my Kaffe Fasset Diamonds quilt...
The quilt is from his first quilting book..
called Glorious Patchwork, published in 1997...
I have seen the diamonds quilt in a later book also.. i should have googled it for you!..
I see no email addy here..so..posting here...
BTW..your garden is gorgeous! ..jean (gypsylulu delights)...

Anonymous said...

I found the more recent book...for the diamonds..look here...jean
http://www.gloriouscolor.com/store-detail.php?cat=8&ID=3

Rebecca Nelson said...

I struggle for anything to grow. :( :( :( Boo Hoo! Guess that is why my hubby does the OUTSIDE and I do the INSIDE!

What a sweet bloggie you have. Love all the information.

xoRebecca

cottonreel said...

Thankyou all you kind ladies,can,t stop , trying to sort out Kaffe Fasset, via gypsylulu--- if you are not familiar with her site , do look at older post,s as well as the current one. It,s pure magic