Saturday 30 May 2009

Fabric guild

These are some of the puchases from the fabric guild.I say some because I also bought buttons and some cord,and a couple of other bits but you know what it,s like if your a p/quilter . It looks not much when you get home and look in the bag. When you look in your purse ! zilch. Ow!.

The blue floral is backing for a blue and white quilt, top almost finished. 6 yds , £2 per yd. the stripe, nothing planned ,but perhaps bags ,3 yds, £3.75, the deep red, sashing for a baltimore, 1 more block to quilt , a pack of 15 pieces , 11 inches square ( I,ve got a blocked brain now . I forgot what you call it ) but it was £3.75 . I shall cut it into 2 1/2 inch strips and use it like jelly roll.

Our fabric guild is wonderful, some people travel a very long way to shop here. I,m about 20 mins,. I live in the east midlands of England. We are able to have free coffee or chocolate and biscuits .As we sit and gather strength with our coffee we chat and ask have people come far. Friday , one girl had come from Suffolk, 2hrs drive. I said "long way" , she replied "but it,s worth it".One day a group of 4 ladies had come from Ireland on the ferry, they were shopping for their group . The guild open just Friday and Sunday morning . We were told they are starting a web site. the site is up and running, BUT, Micheal said he hasn,t had time to put the fabric on yet . check it out , www.fabricguild.co.uk
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. So nice to meet stitchers from other towns, we all love to shop for fabric.

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! The beautiful pincushion arrived. I'll post a picture on my blog later today. I love it. That was so very thoughtful of you. It's something I'll treasure always. BEAUTIFUL work!!

cottonreel said...

scrappy quilter , the pleasure was mine