Thursday 6 August 2009

Yassou

We are still without a car, I think Friday might be the day we have wheels . This morning David watered the flowers and plants and as soon as he turned his back the cats rolled in the muddy parts and jostled for the wettest places. talk about drowned cats , they were real scrag ends.

It was the dogs turn next . he stood very still while he was being attended too. He didn.t mind the shampoo or the hosing down , but of course dogs love to shake afterwards .

My dear daughter in law Alison has turned laundry maid today . I think she is on about the 6th lot of washing . At present their are 6 of us here. After Sunday we go down to 3.

It is very hot, I,m trying to keep an eye on what I eat, I,m already overwieght so. I,m hoping I won,t put more on.

It was Alison,s birthday yesterday, she celebrated by going out to play cards at the u,k club .One of her friends came earlier with a chocolate gateau ,and another member of our clan found a cheese cake mix in the cupboard and made that up for her. It hasn,t been cut yet , so cannot comment.

I bought books out with me to read . In 3 days I,m still on page 28 . every time I try to read I fall asleep. Some unkind blood relative said I look like a venus fly trap , not nice is it .

I shall miss you all, but it,s lovely to be with family

6 comments:

Elizabethd said...

A venus fly trap!!! It is so good to be with family isnt it...enjoy every minute.

Bluebell said...

Hello you, I know just what they mean about the Venus Flytrap I am often talking to you in the car only to find you have nodded off. I sounds as though you are having lots of fun and games enjoy your lovely family and have fun.

Mary said...

Your holiday sounds absolutely fabulous! Good for you spending time as a Venus Flytrap(after all, rest and relaxation are the point of a holiday aren't they?)and in Cyprus of all places! I have always wanted to go there. Perhaps someday...

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetie! You sound like you're having fun, even if you're sometimes looking like a Venus Flytrap...that's perfectly fine! Hugs, Paulette :o)

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad you're holiday is going well. You are missed, but heh we still get to hear from you. Have fun my friend.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having a lovely holiday!