Thursday 13 August 2009

Back to Blighty

Flip Flops off , wellies back on . Not true about the wellies, here in England the sun is shining and the sky is blue.

I,m back on my own stamping ground . I,ve had a holiday that has renewed my energy , my equilibreum and my general outlook .

Dear bluebell was at the airport waiting for me , her smiling face reassuring me I was welcome into the fold again .
Silver sewer emailed me to say if bluebell had other commitments she would pick me up . Friendships ? priceless .

Everyday on my holiday there has been laughter that made tears run down my face . I was with family and Tony ,a friend of my son . He is a comic , always a quip of some kind that was humorous .
The only downside ? we were miles from anywhere right out in the country, but then looking at it another way some people spend a lot of money to go to a retreat, always two sides to a problem .
The only real downside for me was the smell of dried animal food for the dog and cats . It permeated the house,the bowls had to be by the kitchen door and kept topped up so Toby the dog, Casper, Felix and Daisy mae could graze whenever the fancy took them . The smell certainly curbed my appetite, I started my holiday with a weight 76.8 , final score, 76.3 so again something good.

Every time I go to Cyprus I say "it,s the last time , it,s too far " but when I,m back in England I think differently . This time for me it was the wrong time of the year , the sun was relentless and searing , we awoke to temperatures of 29 steadily rising to 34,and by night,time, it was unbearable, I just could not take it . The heat and humidity was too much for me ,

Because it has been raining a lot , my garden has flourished . I did some deadheading at 8 o/clock this morning , counted the fish , and felt life is good .

I love family ,I love my friends , I love life ,
Always look on the bright side of life .

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Welcome home! I too can't stand the heat,,,xxx

Cal said...

Welcome back! Cal x

Scrappy quilter said...

Welcome back friend. Sorry the heat was unbearable....like you I don't like the heat. Thought of you often hoping you'd have a wonderful holiday. Like you said, there is always the bright side of life. Hugs..

ceecee said...

I am catching up with you too! You had quite an adventure in Cyprus. Dreadful heat here also. I have been very busy this summer and have not had as much time to blog or to read blogs. It is 1:18 in the morning here and I really should be going to bed. Enjoy your gardening!
Catherine

Cal said...

Hi Solomi
Remember to look at my Tuesday post and pick up your award ;>

Cal xxx

Michela said...

Hi Solomi, glad to have you back!

Beedeebabee said...

Welcome home Sweetie! What a lovely post! Hugs, Paulette :o)

Piece by Piece said...

Welcome home. Patricia