Wednesday 22 August 2012

Whichever Way You Look At It

Yes, I'm praising my own work . Whichever way I look at this quilt I really like it , I'm pleased . If you cannot say that about your own work then hide it away .

I bought a book when I went to the Malvern show earlier in the year . The book is called Floral Quilts from Grandma's cupboard .  A Leisure Arts  book .  I paid £17 for it . When we came home bluebell looked on the internet and got it for £6 NEW!!! . grrrrrr,

The book has 8 quilts in and I shall make them all . I like doing applique .


The birds will have plenty of cover in my garden this year , everything is pretty lush with all the rain we had .

I'm now off to have my lunch . Jacket potato with chilli .  Hopefully I will be sewing this afternoon if Pinterest doesn't capture my attention . I have fabric cutting to do as well . I did intend to pop to the town for knitting yarn but a neighbour called so that didn't happen . I seem to have open house , there is always someone dropping in . I never turn anyone away saying sorry I'm going out . 

13 comments:

Barb Oaker said...

I love your quilt from every angle, too...it's glorious! You do such wonderful applique. Your garden is looking fantastic from all the speing rain. Have a wonderful day...!

Piece by Piece said...

Love your quilt. I believe i have seen that book in the library here in town. Me thinks it needs to be borrowed for a closer look.
Nice garden too, mine is looking better now we have had a couple of decent rains during the past week or two.
Patricia

Unknown said...

I love that quilt - I'm going to add applique to my list of 'dreams' - my quilting queen arrived today and I'm just in love with it - I will be making FM's daughter a baby quilt with it

Pokey said...

You should be pleased, this quilt is beautiful! The soft colors add to its charm. Lovely finish ~
:-}pokey

Caz said...

Lovely, bright and fresh quilt,, well done you!!!

barb's creations said...

LOve,love,love your quilt,can't wait to see the rest as you make them up :) Barb.

cottonreel said...

Thankyou everyone for such lovely comments

cottonreel said...

Such a shame not being able to leave a comment on 2 blogs . It said profile not available . One is Barb Oaker

cottonreel said...

The othe blog was Frugal queen . I'm sure have visited there before

Chris said...

I love that quilt too and all the others on your blog I have just started to sew quilts and have the bug!
I love bright colours and have the fabric to start one in Moda Terrain, a Jelly roll with some extra fabric to have good size squares with the smaller ones from the jelly roll. Can't wait to get started!
Happy quilting!
Chris x

Chris H said...

I love applique too... and your quilt is GORGEOUS!!!
I'm working on a baby quilt right now using applique too.

Kerry said...

Your quilt is lovely and I just love applique. You certainly should be proud of it.....that's a lot of work! Kerry x

alliepallie said...

hi kathleen, your quilt is absolutely beautiful, love it x