Wednesday 15 August 2012

Orange Happiness

What a bargain , this beautiful lidded basket was just 50p from a charity stall .


This is a quilt I have made this week . I love the colour orange . It is not for anything special but it does add sunshine in the conservatory even though the sun isn't shining . It is machine quilted . I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it  .

This is the backing on the quilt . £2 a yard from the fabric guild . I feel pretty sure it is viscose  . It doesn't matter to me . 

Well onward , We are off  to the quilt show at the NEC tomorrow so I must justify sitting quilting and having a day out by pulling some housework in but for now it's a coffee.

3 comments:

Caz said...

Have a great time at the foq!

Cubby House Crafts said...

What an amazing find....love your basket! Your quilt is beautiful and love the colours...so very cheerful!!!
I really should make more of an effort to make quilts like yours...i feel very inspired now!!!lol!

Lisa

alliepallie said...

wow, what a beautiful basket, dont forget when you are fed up with it pass it my way xx