Saturday 11 August 2012

Rooting around

I spent a morning in my garage rooting through my fabric stash earlier in the week . I sorted out my bright colours . I have made the top of a quilt and I might even find time to get it on to my quilting frame this weekend . I have 2 tops waiting to be quilted . Yesterday morning I spent time again rooting through the stash . I saw a quilt tutorial on the blog of http;//cubbyhousecrafts.com   very easy , just the sort to bring down the pile of squares I sometimes cut and keep ready for a quilt .

Thursday afternoon Bluebell and myself went to spend the afternoon sewing with 2 of my friends . I use to sew with these friends on a regular basis . It promises to be a regular get together again starting the end of the month .

We are off to the quilt show at the N E C Birmingham on Thursday. We really enjoy that . Dare I say to myself  careful Kathleen , no patterns , I'm not saying the same about fabric , I want to have Rowan fabric the big flower prints that Kaffe Fassett designs . I will not hold back..

It is my younger son's birthday today . This morning I sat thinking about the evening he was born at home .10 Ib 3 ozs . A good midwife , easy birth . Half a century ago . Mmmm.

I have been off tea for a few weeks but this morning I have had 2 cups and I am now off for a third cup . Perhaps I had sme duff teabags .

If I don't blog again over the weekend , have fun. Bye . 

1 comment:

Caz said...

Lovely colours in the picture,, love the stripys!