Wednesday 21 November 2012

A quilt for a very special boy

I said earlier in the week I would show this quilt . Finished today . I am very pleased with how it has turned out .
All the material on the front is from my stash . The centre is a cushion panel bought at Malvern about 6 yrs,. ago . All the other bits are from my bit boxes .
 I bordered the panel with strips , then I used 41/2 inch sqs,. then another strip . I then made 61/2 inch crazy sqs and finally the grassy fabric for the final border .
 The cushion panel
 The crazy sqs,. and the grassy fabric
 The backing is dark brown fleece , no batting or wadding .
Among the  sqs,. are pictures of animals .
I have really enjoyed making this quilt . It was a joy to make . I have only spent £6 on the fleece . The quilt is approx  54 inches sq . I am now itching to make a pink one for a little girl .

Bye , I'm off to have my lunch .

1 comment:

Barb Oaker said...

Your quilt will be loved by the special person who receives it. Amazing how much we can do with our scraps and bits! It must have been fun putting it together!! Barb