Thursday 17 May 2012

OH! HAPPY DAY

Today we have been to the quilt show at Malvern .The weather was just right . .
I really bought well , only one fat quarter , the elephants on it are good for the sort of stuff I like doing .  I bought hand dyed silk ribbon . So cheap .4 mtrs ,. £2.50 . I had 4 different colours , " 2 packs @£2.50 each that contained 9 pieces of mixed fabric including silk , silk ribbon ,various fancy yarns and threads, a pkt beads , a pkt buttons , lace and braid , a sq,,of calico marked with a design . 3 sheets of paper prnted both sides with instructions for people who are beginners at crazy patchwork . This package has to be a star buy .
I also bought a pattern to make a mummy cat and 2 kittens .
We saw a beautiful quilt , we enquired did the stall holder have the pattern , No she didn't but very kindly told us which book it was in so off we went to Kaliedascope books . Now this stall has hundreds of books but the girl working there found the book immediately and we could only give her the sketchiest of description .She knew the stock so well .
I bought extra bobbins for the Bernina machine I bought recently . A pack of pretty buttons £1 . there must be 100 in the pack. A knitting pattern for a very nice cowl type scarf .and a pack of animal motifs to use on pockets when making clothes for the grandchildren .
I feel I spent well ..I shall enoy doing the crazy patchwork and will show the results when done . I'm busy crocheting a shawl for a christening but hope to finish it by Sunday . I have worked hard on this shawl and have a painful arm but it will be o/k again when I go onto something else ,I think it is an overworked muscle .
Off now for a reviving cuppa and perhaps a little pate on toast .
 nearly forgot Bluebell bought me 4 beautiful handpainted wooden buttons .
Don't ask me what I have just touched to get this sloping writing , I quite like it but it's sure to disappear when I log off  .

3 comments:

Aunty Bee said...

Sounds like you had a good time, I do love a good quilt show. I love buying little treasures especially ribbon, and buttons.

Caz said...

Hi,, glad you had a great day at Malvern,, I'm going on Sunday! Looking forward to some quilty time! Which stall did you get the silk ribbon from,, was it FarneDesigns???

Lynda said...

Technology is wonderful, isn't it, but sometimes it has a mind of its own! Sounds like you had a great time at Malvern.