Wednesday 16 February 2011

Good deed for the day

Last year I was referred to Vista, it is an organisation for the blind . They also help the partially sighted and offer practical support for anyone with eyesight problems .
I went for magnifiers but they offered me large print books to read . Absolutely wonderful . take as many as you want they said . I possibly had 60 books . I read them and then they go to the local library where they also deliver books to housebound people . The library girl was delighted to have them .
The staff at Vista said they were refubishing and getting rid of all the books and talking books on tapes because peope only want cd,s .so today Bluebell and myself went to Vista and collected about 180 - 200 large print books to donate to our library . There was also a full set of Harry Potter books in large print , some children are going to be thrilled to be able to read these books .
If we don,t do another good deed all week I,m sure we will be forgiven

We had a wonderful day yesterday at the fabric sale . I didn,t seem to buy as much as usual but I was very happy with what I did buy . I did feel the urge to get sewing when I arrived home but by the time I,d had a snack and tea I was just all pooped out . 9.30 pm I had to go to bed . that meant I slept well but 4,45 this morning ( or is it the middle of the night) I was up , bright eyed and bushy tailed , feet up on the settee , knitting.

Another busy day tomorrow , the books to deliver , ironing staring me in the face , parcel to take to the post office and if time allows , a little sewing .

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Aren't you going to show us what you bought?!

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Oh well done Ladies♥ Your library will be thrilled to receive so many:) xx