Wednesday 2 April 2014

Wood Spurge

Briony is right , the plant in my garden that I could not identify is indeed wood spurge . Thank you clever lady .
I shall have to continue to pull it out . Apparantly it spreads by rizomes .and will take over . It looks pretty but no thank you.I bought this desk last weekend so I could sit in the conservatory and machine , It's very stable , no shaking on the machine . It is made of oak .It has a little brass label on one of the drawers that reads Ministry of Defence .

I also bought a new garden seat . The old one was very dodgy , I was concerned someone would end up sitting on the floor. 
I intend to spend a lot of time this year sitting in the garden days when it is sunny.

6 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Wood spurge is of the Euphorbia family so we weren't far out! I didn't think it was a plant that would be a nuisance.

MyCretanlife said...

Like the desk, you will make good use of it ,I am sure. The garden bench looks sturdy and yes it needs to be sat on so make the most of it when the sun shines.

margaret said...

desk looks just the job. I have a horn cabinet but sew in the kitchen and it is in the spare bedroom which is too cold to work in, plans to bring it down when I get a couple of hefty men in the house!! Fingers crossed for lots of sun so you can enjoy the new bench

cottonreel said...

I cannot leave comments on Judith's blog .
I wonder why

Chris H said...

I love your new desk, I see it has a pull out part at the top right too. That is very handy, both my big desks and computer desk have them too.
The garden bench would look lovely with a bright cushion or squab on it.

Aunty Bee said...

The desk looks great as a sewing tale, but the seat is just lovely, you need a small table to hold the drinks (teapot or cool drink) and nibbles.