Sunday 20 April 2014

Time to Spare

This time of the year I have very little time to spare . So much to keep up with in the garden . I'm giving serious thought to having a little help . The thought then crosses my mind that it will not be my own garden any more   .I am making two quilts from the book Adding layers but finding it difficult paying enough time to my patchwork at present ,

Also knitting going on . A neighbour gave me a large 400 gr ball of wool she had left over from her own knitting .There is enough to make myself a waistcoat for using when gardening .

The Tulips in the garden are really giving a good show so the hard work last Autumn planting them was worthwhile.They are very early flowering , May is usually the time for Tulips.

My little corner for respite.

My lunch , and very welcome too .
It is grilled Aubergine with Halloumi cheese, a few green olives and a grilled banana . Yes the banana is an unusual combo but if I eat it last it will count as my sweet course .When you dine alone anything goes .Last week I had my son staying with me for four days . Things were done in the correct order then .

More Tulips ,I love them.

Inside home at the end of the day and an Easter bouquet from the shop as a present to myself . If all goes well I might get a little sewing time , but, it is a neighbours birthday tomorrow he has been in hospital for six months and is still there . I must finish the crochet knee blanket I am making for him .

6 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

Your tulips are lovely and let me wish you a very happy Easter.

Elizabethd said...

Your little corner in the garden looks so nice. I hope you get some sun to enjoy!

crafty cat corner said...

I love your little corner house, I'd love one of those if I had a bigger garden.
Briony
x

Bev C said...

Hello,

Love that you are so involved with your garden, a very creative outlet. Love those tulips too.
Have fun with your projects.

Happy days.
Bev.

margaret said...

the quilt is looking good. Like you I have lots of tulips out but they were damaged by a frost , fingers crossed they will be okay, unfortunately no sun yesterday to revive them, just checked, some in the back garden are still looking very sorry for themselves.

Sam said...

Beautiful garden, the tulips are lovely. I ventured out to do some weeding today. Great quilt, I see you have the same machine as me, I love it but struggle when it comes to quilting a double quilt - how do you manage. I am going to learn FMQ and hope that will make it easier!