Thursday 10 October 2013

Dog Days of Summer

This morning , the first frost . Not enough to do damage but a reminder to    move anything precious .
I thought you might like to see my garden in the closing days of Autumn .
This corner was set up this year on my patio . There is a sheltered fish pond behind the plants with 8 goldfish .
 

This basket still has a few plants with blooms .

The Lavatera  and Japanese cosmos are still flowering .

Along this border I have planted lots of Tulip bulbs

Still catching the sun here

The smell from the Allysum in this pot is almost overpowering . More than it has been all year .

Still crab apples on the tree .
I still have a few more bulbs to plant , there is still time while the soil is warm , and hopefully before the frost beats me to it .
 
Off to sew with friends this afternoon .

6 comments:

Pam said...

A lovely garden, perhaps my courtyard section will look like that one day, at the moment it is a playground for Ben

Chris H said...

Your garden is gorgeous! Enjoy the sewing.

margaret said...

first frost has come so quickly after such mild weather for you, we have not had one yet, your garden is a picture and can picture the tulips next spring, love the spring flowers best of all, the start of a new life.

Barb Oaker said...

We are on the cusp of cold weather also. My beloved impatiens will be departing any day now. Your garden is lovely, as always.

Elderberry-Rob said...

That's a sunny pretty garden, we have had constant rain today and no frost so far, I have geraniums still flowering but brought my lemon trees in. I planted tulips too - but I always forget where and most don't ever come up!

Elaine said...

What a beautiful garden you have. So much eye candy!