Wednesday 25 January 2012



I thought I could smell spring in the air a couple of days ago so with a burst of energy I changed the pots on the dresser in the kitchen to blue and the curtains to yellow gingham . Then knowing I would not be happy with the winter red T,cosy that had matched the red gingham curtains I set to making a yellow one . I could say didn't cost a penny . Just bits and pieces from my stash . A bit of free hand drawing and my cosy is a one off .
These faded roses were from M&S. They were not faded when I bought them 3 weeks ago . They were complete in the little jam jar £4 . They now feel like paper . They haven't dropped any petals so they can stay as long as I'm able to keep the dust away .


7 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

The tea cosy's lovely ...... very spring like!

Karen said...

The bluebirds of spring. Very pretty.

Bluebell said...

You little devil, I love the tea cosy, your kitchen always looks so pretty and welcoming.
Love Jillx

MyCretanlife said...

Love your new tea cosy, very pretty. Your ropses are doing well, your'e certainly getting your moneies worth.

Mac n' Janet said...

Love you tea cosy, I need to make a cover for my breadmaker and I'm not sure how to even get started.

Piece by Piece said...

Love your tea cosy, it does look like a breath of Spring.
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, I love it! Love the blue and yellow and the design!

XO Diane