Friday 3 January 2014

Soon To Be

Just a short post .
I'm soon to be a birthday girl .  This is the present I bought for myself . A little change for breakfast time .  I love all flowers but especially tulips .
Tulips are a late flowering spring flower and I'm always thrilled to see that big blob of colour on such a slender stem . I planted 100 this year . It will be interesting to see .
My new breakfast set is bone china and the little sandwich tray is melamine .
 
It's a lovely sunny day here in England but very cold .

11 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Such a pretty set, enough to cheer up any morning.
Briony
x

Mac n' Janet said...

An early happy birthday, I love your tulips. They don't grow well here, will bloom once, but never again, so I have given up on them. Maybe I need some tulip dishes too.

Barb Oaker said...

That such a cheerful and practical set...I love it! I love all tulips but red ones always make me smile.

barb's creations said...

What a lovely breakfast set, Happy Birthday for your special day :) Barb.

Aunty Bee said...

Very pretty. Happy Birthday.

Sew Useful Designs said...

What a beautiful gifr for the birthday girl! I love drinking out of bone china, the tea just feels and tastes so much better doesn't it? Can't wait to see those tulips in all their glory! They're a favourite of mine also!
Pre-birthday wishes!! Vikki xo

margaret said...

have a lovely day when it arrives, very nice china you have treated yourself to.

Karen said...

So pretty. It will be a few months before tulip time gets here but you have your very own to look at every day.

Chris H said...

I love your new stuff. I have 17 of those little sandwich trays! I love them.
I hope you have/had a wonderful Birthday chick.

Marjorie said...

Happy Birthday. Love the new china.

Sparklyjools said...

I don't know if I am still early or late now, but a very Happy Birthday!
And well done on giving yourself such a lovely gift!x