Sunday 28 April 2013

A pleasant week

A pleasant week but still very busy doing everything but not much time for relaxing unless I take an early night .

I went to a patchwork exhibition by Leicester Quilters . I hit the jackpot ! I bought 2 raffle tickets hoping to win this cushion made from Liberty prints and I won it . How lucky was that. . I bought the vanity bag from the gift stall  , I paid £5 for that . Well worth it, beautifully made also of Liberty .
 
 
last week I bought a new picture from Next for my sitting room and a cushion to go with the theme . I'm very fond of the colour duck egg blue . I have quite a few things in that shade , it is coming together nicely . I bought a jug in the same hue , It will be for flowers .

I had to set the machine up this afternoon to do a small alteration for a neighbour . Who knows, if I leave it up I might get around to doing some of my own sewing . I haven't been completely off the craft scene I am crocheting a granny shawl to wear on cool summer evenings , if we get any summer. It is still very cold here in the midlands . The birds have been doing a lot of twittering so perhaps Spring is a little late this year .

4 comments:

Pam said...

Your cushion and bag are lovely, Liberty fabrics are so pretty.

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely thing to win, well done!

Bev C said...

Hello,

Lovely Liberty cushion and bag, it certainly was your lucky day, enjoy.

Happy days.
Bev.

Barb Oaker said...

Your picture and pillow look wonderful together. I also love bird's egg blue...such a restful and calm color. Congratulations on winning the drawing!! Very pretty!