Monday 1 February 2010

Gone but not forgotten


On saturday Silver sewer and myself spent our afternoon together , i think it will be the last one for a long time. She and her D H have gone North .
We went to Bramble patch to take a machine she was donating . I didn,t intend to buy fabric but ! I bought a kit for a quilt, Icannot wait to get started but , wait I must , I have something else I,m working on and a couple of things for other people too.We had a lovely afternoon but like all good things it ended too soon .
I have been helping bluebell to master crochet , talk about cack handed , she has her own
method of doing things and " thats how my mum did it ,and if it was good enough for her thats how I,m going to do it too, so there ." The way she is crocheting is something like Tunisian knitting . She is doing o.k her way .I,ve shown her a vidio tutorial so perhaps -----
While blogging i have been eating my tea , a tasty ham salad , and now I,m going to finsh off with tapioca pudding with a spoon of raspberry jam in it

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe sweetie, I know you are going to miss your friend. Yet with the internet, it won't seem quite has far away. You can e-mail, read her blog and keep in touch that way. Sending you hugs...I know how difficult it is to see a friend move away.

Elizabethd said...

I'm sure you will miss each other very much.

Anonymous said...

You shall miss the closeness of your dear friend but you appear to be able to keep in touch with her via the internet...and whose to say your paths shall not cross again? :)

Sewn With Grace said...

Hello! Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I'm a follower of your blog now, how pretty your blog is! I look forward to spending some time reading your posts.