Monday 25 January 2010

Pink quilt

The red Christmas quilt aroused interest so I have put another verion of the pattern here .
This is 2 strips joined , these strips were 2", 2 joined together ,resulting in a 3 1/2 inch strip . then a 3 1/2 inch sq,.laid on ( in a contrast) and machined across as a half sq,. triangle
I do like this pattern , I just cut the strips and pick them up at random , It is quick,easy and effective. This quilt is hand quilted .

I,ve had a busy weekend. I always think on Saturday mornings, nothing planned , I,ll sit in my conservatory , reading ,sewing, drinking tea or coffee and just mooching about . It never works out . Mine is an open house for friends to come and go at will . Bluebell came Saturday, she bought me perfume for my birthday, we could not loosen the tops (there were 3 bottles in a set) she took them back to the shop, she said they bought several sets out and could loosen none , but success in the end . I shall now smell delectable . Bluebell is the most generous person going , she gave me lots of pressies .

Then my neighbour called so more gossiping .

I thought Sunday, ah ! a day of rest , but a friend called bringing batting and backing for a quilt she needed machine quilting. I use a domestic not a long arm . and another friend called on a mission . I had given her some blocks ages and ages ago but she needed some more of the cream fabric in them to do the size quilt she had in mind . Off we went to look see . I even amazed myself by putting my hand on the required cream fabric in less than 2 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How pretty. It makes me want to try that out.

Unknown said...

The pink version is just beautiful!

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the pink version too. I think I just might try that pattern sometime this year. I just need more time in my day. Hugs

Barb said...

What a pretty quilt!!!

Angela said...

I think I like the red one best - but they are both fabulous. Such a simple design as well [and different from the usual square block idea that most quilts seem to be based around
blessings !

Vintage Girl said...

I love the colours and prints used in this quilt. Blessings, Heather

Sherri said...

I love this pink quilt!