Wednesday 9 September 2009

A bountiful day

These are the gifts I recieved yesterday, Sweetcorn, marrow, and a leek from Silver sewer . Roses, a tin of biscuits, a paperback and a tin of fudge from Cindy and John , my neighbours The apples and scabby pears are from my trees . The green jug the roses are in was a gift from Silver sewer a long, long time ago , I love its colour and chunkiness

I think I overdid the gardening yesterday , I had backache and was walking bent over, I felt and looked a bit of a wreck . When I got up today I had a word in my own ear . " pull yourself together girl, have a long shower and get the curling tongs going" it worked ! I looked good today , nice skirt and T shirt , shiny soft curled hair , nobody to see it , no one called , all say aaaaaaaaaaaahh, but I felt good,looked good and had plenty of energy
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What nice gifts. I'm so glad you found a way to perk yourself up. I did a number on my back yesterday as well unloading all of M things. I'm paying for it today. Hugs my friend.

Scrappy quilter said...

I forgot to say, everytime I look at your heading picture and see that bouquet, I just smile. Roses are my favorite and your bouquet sits perfect on your dresser.

Unknown said...

What lovely friends you have to bring such lovely gifts to you! You must be a lovely friend to each of them! Should I say Happy Birthday?

Oh, ta for posting the pictures I covet as your pretty new header for your blog. I've found the "Reading in the Window" picture, but it's too large so I hope to find one that's smaller than poster size.

Hugs!